Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Upcycled Patchwork Jeans

 After long years of wear and tear, I unfortunately developed tears in the knees of my favorite jeans. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away, so I decided to give them a little TLC and add some cute patches to extend their wear.

So how did I do this? Well, first I sewed up the hole to deter further damage.


I looked through my scrap fabrics and found some colorful pieces that complemented each other.



I cut the fabric into squares to make the patches, then ironed them and sewed the edges down. After I positioned the patches on my jeans, I pinned them, and began to sew them into place. 


I wish I could have used a sewing machine to make this step quicker, but you would have to take the jeans apart, and I didn't want to do that.

As a final touch, I also added patches to the back pockets too. It was difficult getting a needle into the pocket, so you could sew the pocket closed if you wanted, but I didn't since I use my back pockets so much.



I think these turned out great. I love how they can dress up a ordinary T-shirt. I just used scrap fabric I had on hand, but I think patterned fabric in blue shades similar to your jeans would look nice too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment