Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

A touch of love

Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I'm not one that decorates much for this holiday, but small touches here and there can make a big impact.

This simple garland was made from construction paper and ribbon. I cut out the hearts in two sizes and strung them through a sparkly ribbon.






The remaining hearts that I didn't use in my garland, I hung from the chandelier in our dining room.



Instead of hanging a wreath on the door, I hung a heart. This was easy to make. I painted a canvas red, and then used modge podge to affix the heart to the canvas. I used a water proof modge podge I found at Michael's since I planned to hang this outside. The heart was cut out of paper that I marbled, but you could use just about anything; sheet music from a treasured love song, a classic love poem, valentine gift wrapping paper, or even the valentine edition of your favorite comic strip.




Adding these small touches around my home quickly made our home festive.


No comments:

Post a Comment