Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

House-O-Lantern

Want to make the biggest Jack O Lantern ever this Halloween? House O Lanterns are an easy, low-cost decoration that makes a big impact. You only need black poster board, tissue paper and packing tape.

 


I started by measuring the window I wanted to put my house o lantern. My windows are double hung, so I needed two pieces. I had to elongate the standard size poster board to fit the window.


Once I had the top and bottom pieces, I drew the face of the Jack O Lantern. Then I cut it out with an X-acto knife. I took a few sheets of tissue paper and taped it to the back of the poster board.  I used 3 sheets. You want to use enough pieces of tissue paper so that you can't see inside the house, but not too many that it doesn't allow light to pass though. Place it in the window and tape it to hold it secure.


Now turn on a light in the room and your House O Lantern will glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment